Saint George: Community
These Saint George sites are for organizations working to build a better community.
- Saint George Lions Club (stgeorgelions.com)
Site has information on the Saint George Lions Club.
- Our Local Veterans (ourlocalveterans.com) - review
A site recognizing the efforts of Southern Utah Veterans.
- ChildBrides.org (childbrides.org)
Non-profit organization working to prevent underage marriages in polygamous communities and to help the boys who've been cast out of FLDS clan in Southern Utah.
- Coins for Kids (www.coinsforkids.net) - review
Coins for Kids is a non-profit effort that provides aides for children in need.
- Switchpoint (switchpointutah.com) - review
Switchpoint offers shelter and a food pantry for the homeless in Saint George.
- Adopt-A-Native-Elder Program (www.anelder.org)
An organization that helps elders of the Dine' People (Navajo) maintain their traditional lifestyles.
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Utah (www.bbbsu.org)
Big Brothers and Big Sisters makes a positive impact in the community by matching adults with teens in character building situations.
- Utah Flood Relief (utahfloodrelief.com) - review
"Portraits of Loss - Stories of Hope": This site is raising funds for flood relief for the recent Virgin River and Santa Clara River floods.
- American Association of University Women - St George (www.aauwutah.org)
St. George, Utah Branch was founded in 1982 to serve college graduates in the southern part of Utah.
- Habitat for Humanity - Southwest Utah (www.habitatswu.org)
Habitat for Humanity is a volunteer organization in Saint George that works to build housing for Utahns in need.
- BPOE #1743 (Profile)
Saint George is home to Lodge #1743 in the Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks. The Elks are a fraternal organization noted for charity and community service. The lodge is located at 630 West 1250 North.
- Paiute Indian Tribe of Utah (www.utahpaiutes.org)
Site includes information on the Shivwits Band of the Paiute Tribe that lives in Washington County.
- Daughters of the American Revolution (utahdar.org)
The Color Country Chapter of DAR includes educators, students, professionals, mothers, historians, genealogists, and homemakers who take an active role in their communities promoting our objectives of patriotism, education and historic preservation.
- The Learning Center for Families (www.tlc4families.org) - review
The Learning Center for Families (TLC) is a private, non-profit agency serving vulnerable pregnant women, infants and toddlers from Beaver Dam to Fredonia, Arizona and Washington County, Utah.
- Southern Utah Women's Conference (southernutahwomensconference.com)
A conference invites women of Southern Utah to embrace their passions.
- Turn Community Services (turncommunityservices.org)
Turn Community Services [334 W. Tabernacle Suite F] provides resources to people with Disabilities.
- United Way (www.dixieunitedway.org)
The Dixie United Way helps organize charitable activities in Southern Utah.
- Rotary Club of St. George (www.stgeorgerotary.org)
The Rotary Club seeks to advance the cause of world peace through local service. This site has information on the Saint George Rotary Club.
- Rotary Club of Red Rock (www.redrockrotary.org)
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
Category Hits 7206