🠈 Red Rock Broadcasting 🠊
Red Rock Broadcasting
Formerly Simmons Media Group, Red Rock Broadcasting is a Saint George based media company. The company recenty acquired Morris Murdock Travel
The company was founded in 1977 by Roy W. Simmons who was president of Zions Utah Bancorporation.
- 1977: Company was founded by Roy W. Simmons.
- 1978: Simmons purchased KSFI-FM from Bonneville International Corporation
- 1987: Simmons purchased a majority interest in Bonneville Satellite Corporation which they later renamed to Keystone Communications.
- 1993: Simmons acquired KRSP-FM in Salt Lake City.
- 1996: Simmons sold Keystone Communications to France Telecom.
- 1995 - 1996: Simmons acquired 5 FM and 2 AM stations in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- 1997: Simmons acquired KTND-FM outside of Austin, Texas.
- 1998: Simmons acquired KXRK-FM in Salt Lake City.
- 1998: Started outdoor bill board division.
- 2001: Simmons acquired a cluster of stations by Marathon Media in Idaho.
- 2003: Simmons sold the Marathon Cluster to Bonneville International.
- 2004: A division of Simmons called Crestwood Communications, LLC acquired Morris Murdock Travel
History of Morris Murdock Travel
Morris Murdock Travel is Utah's largest travel agency. It provides travel services of the LDS Church.
- 1958: The LDS Church approached Frank Murdock to create a travel agency for the LDS related travel.
- 2000: Murdock Travel acquired Morris Travel from Yamagata Enterprises
- 1975: June Morris and her son Richard W. Frendt started Morris Travel.
- 1984: Morris created Morris Air which offered chartered flights.
- 1987: Morris acquired Travel Express
- 1984: Travel Express was created by the merger of Faldmo Tours of Bountiful, Fishburn Travel from Ogden, TourWest from Utah County, Travel Chalet and Travel Express of Salt Lake City.
- 1987: Morris Air became its own company.
- 1995: Southwest Airlines acquired Morris Air.
- 1995: Yamagata Enterprises acquired Morris Travel. They kept the Morris Name.
- 1996: Morris acquired Corporate Travel Service of Seattle.
- 1996: Morris Travel merged with Beehive Tours and Travel to create Morris Beehive Travel.
- 1996: Morris acquired New Horizon Travel of Cedar City.
- 1997: Morris acquired Anderson-Elerding Travel that had six offices and was based in Billings, Mt.
- 2016: Company changed its name to Red Rock Broadcasting.
- Salt Lake Sites - Travel Agents: Morris Murdock Travel Online!
- Salt Lake Sites - Travel Agents: Morris Murdock Escorted Tours
- Salt Lake Sites - Travel Agents: Black Pearl Luxury Services
- Salt Lake Sites - Travel Agents: Morris Meetings and Incentives
- Morris Murdock - About Us (Drawn 7/13/2018)
- Funding Universe - Morris Travel (Drawn 7/13/2018)
- Wikipedia - Red Rock Broadcasting (Drawn 7/13/2018)
- Wikipedia - Morris Murdock (Drawn 7/13/2018)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next